Reservation Guidelines


​What Types of Events Can be Held at Various Sites?

Sacramento County’s Parks currently host to a diverse range of events, including fund-raisers, corporate games, dog shows, fun runs, military field exercises and more. If you’re looking for an unusual location for your event, consider what we have to offer.

Download the Regional Parks Special Event Planning Guide 2012 for useful information about our special event process, how to plan for and have a special event at our parks, and some great tips designed to help you have the best event possible.

Which Parks are Available for Special Event Use?

Currently, Mather Regional Park will meet most of your special event site needs. In addition, there are limited opportunities along the American River Parkway.

Are There Overnight Youth Group Camping Opportunities?

River Bend Park offers overnight camping for youth groups, and sponsoring organizations must present proof of general liability insurance. Camping is allowed by permit only and minimal fees apply. Please allow four weeks for processing permit requests. Learn more about camping opportunities...

Camping Application

How Do I Schedule a Special Event?

First, contact our event coordinators. There is a six-week lead time required on all special events, and proof of insurance is a must.

Each request, whether approved or not, requires a $50 non-refundable application fee, so it is important to talk over your ideas with our event coordinators before submitting a request. Other fees may apply, and depending upon the size of the event, traffic control, additional toilets and dumpsters may be required. You can access more permitting information at Park's permit page.

Special Event Use Application